Tuesday 12 July 2011

Intern Tip #3 - Say yes more!

If you want to get the best intern experience you have to force yourself out of your shell and say yes more!


 Danny Wallace's book Yes Man is all about taking the challenge of saying yes more!
image from jimcarreyonline.com

I am in no way a confident or outgoing person, but when you're trying to make relationships and contacts its important to force yourself to act confident and fun around other people. Making conversation and opening yourself up to people will not only make them trust and like you, but also (particularly at an internship or work) will help you to gain new opportunities. I'm still perfecting how to be a social butterfly but I'm trying my hardest to say yes to every opportunity I'm given. And so far it seems to be working out quite nicely...  

No comments:

Post a Comment