Wednesday 6 July 2011

Intern Tip #1 - Pump that iron

One tip I'd give to any wannabe intern - pump some iron!


 Filled with clothes these heavy buggers are an interns worst nightmare
image from scattysquirrel.co.uk


Today my interning consisted mainly of unglamorously lifting large laundry bags of vintage clothes from one place to another. Onto a train, off a train, down a flight of stairs, up a flight of stairs... Being a fashion intern you're often given the joyous task of carrying heavy quantities of clothes around and so you definitely need strong arms to survive. Today I was interning for a well known blogger (yes even they have interns now), helping her to select clothes for a photo shoot. I accompanied her to an amazing vintage warehouse, got a quick tour and peep at some of the clothes but then it was on with the camel-like carrying duties. My arms weren't aching too much  as I'm used to lugging things - thanks to my wonderful (yeah right) retail job - but its still more psychical work than most of the fashion world do in a week! Whilst carrying stuff may not that fun or intellectually stimulating its just one of those things that you've got to do, so excuse me while I go pump some metal before bed...

No comments:

Post a Comment