Tuesday 5 July 2011

Leave your social life at the door...

Hello, my name is fashioninterngirl and as you've probably guessed already - I am a fashion intern. But what exactly is a fashion intern? Well for those of you that don't know I'm basically someone who works for free for a fashion company/publication/brand/person in order to gain experience, and I can be required to do anything from make their tea to assist them on a photo shoot. I'm currently at the beginning of my interning journey having only done it a few times before but I'm sure I'll be a veteran before long. I've started this blog so I can chart my progress, share what I learn and hopefully entertain a few people along the way too!

Along with interning I'm also a student, shop assistant, student magazine editor, girlfriend and workaholic - (evidently why I'm writing this at 11.50pm on a Tuesday night). All together these elements can be a struggle to balance and sometimes when a birthday and business meeting collide can make a lethal combination. While my life isn't perfect it's often interesting and unusual, so if you want a glimpse into what breaking into the fashion industry is really like be sure to follow me on my fashion journey...

No comments:

Post a Comment